Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Return ADO recordset to worksheet

Any help would be appreciated.
I am trying to return a recordset to a worksheet using ADO. I want to go
dsn-less.
I confident that my recordset returns data, I've tested this in Access and
can return records there. I am a new excel programmer.
I am trying to use CopyFromRecordset to return the records. When I am in
the VBA editor I choose Run Sub but no records are returned to Sheet1.
I'd like the recordset to be refreshed every time the sheet is activated.
I've created a reference to Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.8 library.
Am I missing something?
Sub ImportData()
Dim cn As ADODB.Connection
Set cn = New ADODB.Connection
Dim strConn As String
strConn = "PROVIDER=SQLOLEDB;"
strConn = strConn & "SERVER=MYSERVER;INITIAL CATALOG=MYDATABASE;"
strConn = strConn & " INTEGRATED SECURITY=sspi;"
cn.Open strConn
Dim rs As ADODB.Recordset
Set rs = New ADODB.Recordset
With rs
.ActiveConnection = cn
.Open "SELECT * FROM MyTable"
Sheet1.Range("A1").CopyFromRecordset rs
.Close
End With
cn.Close
Set rs = Nothing
Set cn = Nothing
End SubSorry wrong newsgroup please ignore.
"Terri" <terri@.cybernets.com> wrote in message
news:e6c2n6$vlf$1@.reader2.nmix.net...
> Any help would be appreciated.
>sql

No comments:

Post a Comment